THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, September 19, 2008

...SPRING 2009...

When we looked at the fashion shows in class, Marc Jacobs innovation caught my eye. His collection was well layered. The colors he used were simple but had dimension. I also loved the way he took orthodox outfits and turned them into masterpieces. The look that caught my attention the most was number 11, the model had on a red hat followed by a necklace with different objects of browns that dripped over this red, and blue silvered shimmer plaid shirt. what fascinating is the fact that he has different types of orientation in one look, you have a plaid shirt over top of another design, and below is another plaid design overlaying this detailed skirt. It reminds me of when I was young playing in my mother's and grandmother's closet. But he turned around and made an amazing collection out of it.

Fashion week is one of the most talked about events in the world. You have all of these inspirational designs, new colors, and artwork in a way. Every year millions show up for this event, from fashionists to basketball players and rappers. I hope one day I get the opportunity to showcase my designs or maybe appear in a show it self.

"Anahita Moussavain", from the New York Post, described Marc Jacobs collection as Hectic, and had "outfits that looked a little bit lady, a little bit circus-y, and a whole lotta crazy". In my opinion all of those review she gave was true but thats what is was about, it was different and thats what the runways need. uniqueness!!

0 comments: